SCS Concept has now develop a customized system to assemble airplane engines.
This system features a high torque power tool coupled with a precision laser system, to tighten to torque as first step and then as second and final step perform alignment between nut and main shaft of the airplane engine.
This special project required a strong cooperation with the airplane manufacturer to analyze the assembly process and develop a complex system to assure that the necessary quality is achieved in the production.
Main technical specifications:
- Tightening up to 12 000 N·m
- Angle monitoring during the tightening
- Laser alignment between shaft and nut by a power tool with a final speed of 0.1 rpm
- Reduced production cycle, up to 5 times faster than a traditional assembly process
- Safer than traditional assembly method with improved working conditions for the operator
- Step by step operator guidance & real time interface with VPG+ software (visual production guide)
- Full traceability of data via VPG+ software
- Torque accuracy 2.5%