The Freedom4 Production is the first electronic wrench in the world which obtained the Volkswagen XML 2.1 certification on board. The communication is direct and does not require any additional controller.
SCS Concept is the first company to launch this solution on the market. All competitors need an external controller in order to be able to communicate to the Volkswagen XML system.
The Freedom4 torque wrench can be connected directly to the Volkswagen Master PC without controller; it can be driven directly, with all its available features and tightening strategies.
Communication between the dynamometric wrench and the server is performed via WiFi.
All special functions of Freedom4 are also present in the XML 2.1 implementation:
- Automatic recognition of an obstacle hit with the wrench during tightening
- Automatic recognition of the wrench incorrect handling by the operator.
These functions are unique on the market for electronic dynamometric wrench, and they can be used as well through XML 2.1.
The main advantages of this solution are:
- Cost reduction, because the electronic torque wrench communicates directly with the server
- Increased reliability by eliminating a controller that is no longer needed
- Reduced maintenance
- Simple and essential installation: wrench configuration is the only operation needed
- Lower energy consumption
- Effective solution for Industry 4.0